- A cover letter explaining why you are applying, highlighting your qualifications and interests and describing your goals and expectations for the internship at BTP.
- A resume including current address, phone number, email address, pertinent education and work experience.
- One work-related reference letter containing names, titles, relationships, phone numbers, and email addresses
- A letter of recommendation from a professor, director or other instructor
Application Documents Required for a BTP Administrative Internship:
To apply, please email all of the above to Broadwaytp@aol.com
BTP administrative internships
Administrative internships at BTP provide students of theatre with the opportunity to serve as an integral part of the BTP administrative team by working with BTP staff members on artistic support, scheduling, show production, public relations, student and parent relations, and student activities. Interns will also have the opportunity to meet and assist some of today’s most respected theatre professionals, and assist BTP resident artists in classes and rehearsals. Due to the ambitious nature of the Broadway Theatre Project session, internships are full-time and rigorous.
As an administrative intern, you will be provided the opportunity to participate in daily classes when time allows and to perform in the final performance. Depending upon the respective institution, BTP internships may satisfy requirements for college credit, work-study programs, independent study, and/or cooperative learning programs. Internships are flexible and BTP will work with the student and the institution’s particular requirements in order to make the greatest attempt possible to satisfy these requirements. Onsite housing can be arranged. The price of room and board will be covered by BTP. Interns are responsible for all other expenses, including their transportation to and from Tampa. All interns will be required to follow BTP’s rules and regulations.
Applicant Requirements for a BTP Administrative Internship:
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and/or have completed one year of college.
- Applicants must be able to work full-time, seven days a week from 8:00am to 11:00pm in a fast-paced environment.
- Applicants must have computer software skills in order to perform various administration duties.
Applications must be received no later than March 30, 2013. BTP interns will be chosen on the basis of experience, recommendations, and telephone interviews. Applicants will receive a confirmation email once their materials have been received. Telephone interviews will also be scheduled via email. After March 30th, those who have not yet applied for an internship should contact BTP to inquire as to whether openings are available.
BTP is a not-for-profit organization and community service hours can be arranged with high schools. Students interested in this program should contact Executive Director Sharon Poulos via email or by phone at 888-874-1764. All local interns will be required to follow BTP’s rules and regulations.
We appreciate your interest and look forward to receiving your materials.